Thursday, May 17, 2012

Valparaiso

(May 6-8)

My hope was to eat gorgeous fish/seafood in Valparaiso. I was not that lucky, though. Unexpectedly, however, I found a decent pizza (Allegretto is the name of the pizzeria), nothing too exciting but it still ranks #1 so far in this trip.

How to ruin a beautiful bay with monster buildings.

Most of the street art that I have seen in my life is just the 'artist' signature, written in a more or less colorful way. I am not sure if I can understand it. Had I to say what I really think, I would probably end up being rude. I would certainly say that I find a poor manifestation of one's (in)abilities, that of constantly writing a name on a train, a building or whatever stands up in a populated area. And if somebody replied to me using the it's-a-form-of-protest argument, I would think that both the artist and the 'somebody' are naive and sloppy. You see, I would get rude. Interestingly, during this trip I found something better. I cannot really say if I like it, yet. I guess I would need more time for that. But certainly, at least, I can see an intention that at least deserves a critic, being it positive or negative.



No comments:

Post a Comment