Thursday, June 21, 2012

Last stop Lima

(June 2 - 5)

So the trip comes to an end. I was supposed to stay another 3 weeks in Peru, but I had to change my plans because work was calling me back. We left Cuzco with Cruz del Sur, on June 2. It is a 20 hours bus drive to Lima, but honestly it was one of the best trip done in the last two months. Great part of the merit was of the company. As for the views during the trip, I was expecting better. 

Relaxing on the excellent Cruz del Sur bus to Lima.

We arrived in Lime June 3. I decided to give another chance to restaurants, mainly looking for fish. It was better, but only partially. I want to share a rant about Restaurante Brujas De Cachiche. We went there because they had the lobster festival. I was excited, I thought I could finally eat something special. We soon realized we were in a sort of exclusive (ie expensive) place. But whatever, lobster is lobster and this was the end of the trip. So the waiter brings us the menus and I start looking for the red beast. I start to get worried when I see that there is no simple lobsters: all I find is lobsters cooked with cheese or whatever else they thought would make it better. I call the waiter to ask whether they can cook me a simple lobster, no need to cut the claws, no need to stuff it with cheese. Just boil the beast, bring me lemon and/or mayonnaise sauce and I will do the rest. When the waiter told me that did not have lobsters with claws, I understood that we would spend a lot of money for little quality, in that place. And so it was.

Much better were the other fish restaurants (Punta del Sal) and the very famous Istrid y Gaston (for this one, it is better if you book in advance, we were given the bar seats, where you cannot have their exclusive 21 courses menu). 

Other than eating we did little more. Walking around the coast, looking for presents and sleeping. On June 4, Jasmin left for her second part of the trip, that would last other 2 months and that you can follow here.

Before getting home, I had to suffer a 20 hours flight, terrible, comprising a stormy crossing of the Atlantic. But now I am safely at home, so all went fine (predictably, you might be thinking). And so this is the end. I will spend the whole June at home, with my family, before starting my new job. I will add another final post to this blog to share my final thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment